Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Bad Seed

When I was really young I saw the movie,"The Bad Seed". It really made an impression on me. Looking at it now I can see that it has some rather campy aspects. Mom is waaaay over the top. I read that it's from a play and that most of the actors were from that play. I can see that it's rather stagey. At the end, the actors all come out and take a bow to reassure audiences that this is just playacting. Mom shakes her fist at Rhoda in a playful way.
Eventually I read the play and Rhoda lives and her mom dies. Apparently a bolt of lightening killing Rhoda was preferable to the movie moral code than letting her live. It certainly was more impressive.
Anyway, I'm working on a statue of Rhoda who is up there with Eddie Haskell on my list of young people who are more interesting than Hannah Montana, or just about any kid character that I can think of, offhand.
Making people is agony.

No comments: