Friday, July 11, 2008

Earlybird

I noticed that I've been on Etsy for a year now.
35 sales, not too good.
When was selling ceramic statues at shows in Florida, one artist told me that I was all over the place, that I needed to pick a few and concentrate on those to make money. I sensed that she was right. Previously I had made dozens of mermaids for a shop in San Francisco. I got tired of that.
I prefer to be all over the place even though it's bad for business. I've never been good at making money.
I will do it this way because I love thinking of an idea and working toward that picture I see in my head. I realize that's kind of arrogant to assume that people will want to buy what I make. Come to think of it, having a blog is arrogant, too. I read that 90% of blogs go unread, so this is kind of a diary. I know of five people who read it. (hi, Kathy).
Well, I feel better now.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hi! I found your site from Simply Sentimental and hers from blog catalog. I love your things! Good blog. Your little earlybird is so cute. You are very talented. BTW, I save those copper pennies, have for more than 20 years. 1982 and back are copper.

J.T. Nee said...

Thank you for the kind words. Sorry for the whiny tone of my post.