Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tree of Life


Today has been a red letter day. I got to talk to my four best friends. It's a sad fact that it usually takes a death to make this happen. We laughed, we cried.
Once again I've had computer problems. Sad to say, I'm no good at fixing things. I can barely manage to work the things I need. I can't work my photo whatever cropping etc. program. Jim said that I should just buy a new computer with my Paypal profits. I think he's probably right. Do they make a one touch computer for computer illiterates? That would be right up my alley.
I can't put Tweedledee and Tweedledum on Etsy because they need to be cropped and lighted better.
Here is a picture of the "Tree of Life" sculpture that I came upon in the Great Salt Lake Desert when we lived there. In the middle of nowhere, it popped up on the horizon while I was driving in the way to Wendover, Nevada. What a surprise! Before I saw that, I was amazed that we were traveling the same path as the Donner party over a hundred years before. They struggled for weeks, enduring incredible hardships, while we were whizzing through the desert in an air conditioned car drinking cokes.
Big statues, big deserts ,old friends, memories, mortality- whatta day

No comments: