Monday, January 19, 2009

Ice Angels


We went to the Art Shanty Project on Saturday. It was twenty degrees, forty-two degrees warmer than it was last Thursday. It was windy. I marveled at the creativity and endurance of the builders. They had built most of their houses off site, then disassembled them and reassembled them on the ice. Alex, John and Gabe had some interior work to do on their submarine. Maybe we'll go out next weekend after I buy warmer gloves and a hat that ties under my chin.
Working on my naked bodies again today. I haven't found a perfect clay for the flesh, so I have to mix brands. I need to be more careful about mixing the batches. Since I can't match exactly the colors of the batches I need to have enough for the complete statue. I almost ran out for the second angel.

No comments: