Saturday, August 15, 2009

Audrey and Flowers



Today we went to a local farmer's market. Have to take advantage of tomatoes in season. I bought these flowers because they are just beautiful and we are having a party tomorrow. I have a bit of partyphobia. Should have them more often to get over it. The band will come over and practice and eat. A lot of my favorite people will b e here.
I suppose I won't sculpt until Monday. I want to make Holly Golightly as a calavera. I've been putting it off because you can see that the scarf on her hat is sheer and hangs to her shoulder. It would be too fragile to sculpt. No fabric is sheer enough to fill the job. I'll just have to skip that part(artistic license!)I always get too particular, anyway. A lot of sculpting in clay has to conform to rules,like,is this just too damn fragile? One of my pieces had a part break off in the mail. I was mortified. I add more packing now and try to make them not so vulnerable to breakage.
One of my very,very favorite people got married this week, Tontie. I love her and wish her all the best.

No comments: