Thursday, August 13, 2009

Glamour Girl


I'm working on a little beauty contestant. What a strange pastime for mothers and daughters! It seems that the only ones who think it's normal are the participants.They are like a cross between dog shows and playing with Barbies. Weirder than the competitions are the portraits taken of the girls that are in vogue. Every trace of humanity is airbrushed out, leaving a picture that looks more like a doll-a creepy corpselike doll. Look them up. You'll see some of them if you google toddlers and tiaras under images. I'll fill the statue's torso full of texture and sparkly things. You can't have too much glitz on their costumes.
I'm sending Owen & Mzee off today. One of my favorites. I looked them up and Owen got too big and they went their separate ways.

No comments: