Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Late Summer



I'm working on Holly Golightly. I'm not sure if I'll keep her. Lately things that should be easy are hard. Go figure.
When I need a break I go out back and see what my bird feeder has attracted. This is a not very good picture of a chipmunk in my feeder. There's no way I can get anywhere close to them. Their movements remind me of a strobe light. Cutest things,ever.
Last week a hawk collided with my kitchen window. I don't know if he was going for his reflection or my plastic flamingos. He recovered fast. Maybe he was embarrassed.I wouldn't think of animals getting embarrassed except, years ago, I had an Airedale and he thought a life sized ceramic dog in the vet's waiting room was real until he touched his nose. His embarrassment was obvious. I felt bad about laughing at him but the memory still makes me smile.

No comments: