Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Honey, I'm Home!


I've never been interested in taking a cruise or having a little cabin up north. I'm back from the most interesting trip I will probably ever have. Jim and I flew to Thesalonikis, Greece to wonderful hosts who took us to their beach house on the peninsula of Kasandra, showed me how to make frappes and Greek salad, loaded the fridge and loaned us a car. Then they left. We spent nearly a week knocking around the peninsula. The Greek alphabet is nothing like ours. It was like we were illiterate and dyslexic. The English-like spellings on the map were often not what were on the roadsigns. This compass from our map gives an idea of how lost we would be if it mattered. The peninsula wasn't large so we didn't worry if we didn't know just where we were. Beautiful, just beautiful!
More later.

No comments: